Paper plate machines for production of disposable paper plates and trays are our oldest product line. With our long experience in mind, and using newest technology, we have developped the new SMP series of presses. Inmaco’s SMP-presses are designed to combine dependability, quick and easy size-changes and high productivity. Inmaco has supplied hundreds of presses to customers in all the world, and these have proven their reliability for decades. The Inmaco SMP range of machines cover all production requirements for making a variety of paper plates and trays. All types of these machines for making disposable paper plates can form party plates and ovenable trays, as well as forming trays for frozen food and MAP-packaging. Shallow paper plates are produced at high speed, but the machines can also handle deep trays or trays with tight corners.
The SMP machines for forming paper plates and trays
The SMP models of paper plate presses are technically speaking servo-mechanically driven. Due to this modern technology the SMP-presses offer a maximum in flexibility and ease of operation. Press speed, dwell time, opening speed and -time, stroke length and temperature are independently adjustable. Production speed for shallow paper plates and trays reaches up to 60 per minute and more. All these adjustments are easily made through the operator panel with color display to maximize the ease of operating.
Production figures of the SMP machines for forming disposable paper plates
- All SMP-presses are designed to produce trays with a depth of up to 55 mm.
- The speed of the machines is up to 56 strokes/minute (tray Ø 200 x 20 mm deep), depending on quality and caliper of board, as well as on design of product and required quality level.
- All size-parts for cutting and forming are easily accessible and changing from one plate-design or size to another requires from less then an hour for the SMP400 to up to 2 hours only for the large machines with multiple dies.
- Every SMP-Press combines high productivity and minimum of manpower requirement to provide maximum of efficiency and profitability, also for small and medium orders and short production runs.
- An automatic counting and piling device comes standard on all SMP. The device will collect the products in piles of preset numbers and present them on a roller table for inspection, further processing or packing.
Producing disposable paper plates and trays from blanks or reel
The blanks from which the disposable paper plates and trays are formed must be pre-cut and creased if required, on a separate cutting machine. You may choose a blank fed SMP for reasons such as the available printing technology, the flexibility in relation to order volumes, or the lower investment. Pre-cut blanks can be processed on our blank fed -presses SMP400, SMP700 or SMP1000. A vacuum feeding system takes the blanks one by one from the magazine, then they are roller-fed into the forming die. Refilling of the magazine can be accomplished during production without stopping, on a convenient height for the operator.
Customize the SMP plate and tray forming machines with the appropriate tooling!
Inmaco supplies all tooling, tailor-made and in high quality. We design your moulds to your requirements, shallow or deep, round, oval, rectangular or concave, single cavity or with compartments. Choose the right Inmaco forming press for producing disposable paper plates, trays and to fit your production standard and capacity requirement. The servo-controlled paper feeding allows precise cutting of both register-printed and plain cardboard.
The SMP700 and SMP1000 series for more diversity in your production process:
- The larger models (SMP700 and SMP1000) can be equipped with larger single tools, or more than 2 smaller tools side by side;
- The SMP700 can have up to 3 dies, while the SMP1000 can even have up to 5 dies side by side for making disposable paper plates and trays;
- These dies are installed on a manifold plate, enabling an easy change of tooling. The heated tools are separated from direct contact with the manifold by high resistant insulation plates;
- The SMP700 with up to 3 tools blank feeding is designed for large volumes where high printing quality is required.
- SMP700 and SMP1000 series are offered both in blank feeding and roll feeding versions.
- For larger production volumes Inmaco offers the SMP700R and SMP1000R, working from reel.
- The SMP700R and SMP1000R series machines have an integrated cutting and creasing unit.
- The electronically controlled paper feed provides precise cutting position of both preprinted and plain cardboard for these machines.
- Volume of cut-off waste is reduced to a minimum by staggering cutting pattern. Cutting and pre-creasing of blanks is performed by means of cost reduction